Ram 1500 Transfer Case Differential Fluid Change Kit - 2017-23 - 3.21/3.55 Rear Differential
BLAU Transfer Case Differential Fluid Change Kit includes the correct amount of Ram 1500 transfer case fluid part number 68089195AA, 68049954AA, 68049954AC, 75w85 front differential gear oil, and 75w90 rear differential limited slip gear oil. Fits 2017-2023 New 5th Gen Ram 1500 4WD, and 2019-2023 Ram 1500 Classic 4WD models with 3.21 or 3.55 rear differential. See the vehicle fitment tab to confirm fitment.
Note: According to recent OEM part catalog lookups and vehicle fitment lists, the recommended 2019-2022 RAM 1500 48-11 and 48-12 transfer case fluid is part number 68049954AC. Confirm with your dealer. See rear differential and viscosity type information notes below.
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kits are the perfect choice for today’s discriminating vehicle owners who desire only the highest quality products. Our kits are great for individuals looking to improve performance, efficiency, and add to the longevity of their differentials and transfer cases. All kits include the recommended specifications and amount of premium RAVENOL transfer case fluid and differential gear oils for your vehicle model. Everything in one convenient kit for your convenience (see the product image showing what exactly is included in this kit).
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kit for Ram 1500 includes:
- Front Differential - Qty 2 Ravenol DGL 75W-85 GL-5 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil 1 Liter. Improved high-performance replacement or equivalent to the original recommended front differential gear oil part numbers 68210057AA, 68210057AB. No limited slip friction modifiers are required. (Capacity 1.1 liters, 1.16 quarts)
- Rear Differential - Qty 3 Ravenol 75W-90 GL-5 Synthetic Limited Slip Gear Oil 1 Liter. Improved high-performance replacement or equivalent to the original recommended rear differential gear oil MS-9763 68218655AC, MS-A0160, 68340460AA and limited-slip additive MS-10111 04318060AD. No additional limited-slip friction modifiers are required when using Ravenol LS 75W-90 gear oil. (Capacity 2.2-2.9 liters or 2.3-3.0 quarts)
- Transfer Case - Qty 2 Ravenol Fully Synthetic BW44 Transfer Case Fluid 1 Liter. Improved high-performance replacement specifically formulated for improved performance in BorgWarner 44 series transfer cases where MOPAR transfer case fluid numbers 68089195AA, 68049954AA, 68049954AC are specified. Improved lubricating properties and wear protection. Improved pressure load resistance and greater shear stability with enhanced resistance to corrosion. (Capacity 1.4 liters, 1.47 quarts)
Transfer case fluid and differential fluid viscosity and capacity notes:
- If you are choosing to replace only one of your differential gear oils or just change the transfer case fluid. Please adjust the cart quantity of the gear oils or transfer case fluid in accordance with your desired differential or transfer case fluid fill capacity and fluid quantity.
- Our kits are based on factory recommendations. We always suggest consulting your service manual or the vehicle owner’s manual to confirm the specific gear oil requirements for your exact vehicle application.
- Regarding using the recommended gear oil in Ram 1500 rear differential. From our understanding, there is some possible conflicting information with paper and digital documentation depending on the year of your truck and whose service manual recommendations you are using. Also, the country you are in may have different gear oil recommendations. The following information is for USA models only.
- The current recommendation for the rear differential gear oil in all 2012-2016 Ram 1500 models is going to be a 75w140 GL-5. We do offer a few 75W-140 GL-5 LS gear oils that include LS friction modifiers in the formulation. No extra additives need to be added.
- Regarding the 2017 and newer rear differential gear oil type. At the time of this comment, the current recommendation for all 2017-2020 Ram 1500 rear differentials is a 75w-90 GL-5 gear oil. This was the original recommendation regardless of the differential type. After late 2020/2021 the original recommendations go to identifying a specific differential type for the type of gear oil. 3.92 being 75W-140 GL-5, 3.92 tow being 80w90 GL-5, and 3.21/3.55 being 75W-90 GL-5. Note, that this is a 2019 Ram 1500 model year being used in the DIY, hence the 75W-90 GL-5 is used. See related items below for 75w140 and 80w90 gear oils if you require these.
- Unfortunately, this might add more confusion. We always suggest consulting your service manual or the vehicle owner’s manual to confirm the specific gear oil requirements for your exact vehicle application. For all practical purposes the viscosity profiles of both the 75w-90 and 75w-140 will work for all Ram 1500 rear differentials. If you want to minimize rolling resistance for improved fuel economy, use a 75w-90 GL-5, and if you tow heavy on a regular basis use a 75w-140 GL-5.
- To confirm your differential type. 3.21 or 3.55 rear differentials have the drain and fill plugs located on the right passenger side of the differential. If you have a 3.92, the rubber fill plug should be in the rear differential cover. You may also contact your dealer to confirm the rear differential type.
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kit benefits:
- RAVENOL transfer case fluids and differential gear oils are engineered, made, and bottled in Germany!
- RAVENOL uses superior synthetic base oils along with highly advanced German-engineered additive formulations that outperform other transfer case fluids and gear oils.
- RAVENOL transfer case fluid and differential gear oils meet or exceed your vehicle manufactures specific specification requirements and is engineered for extended long-life fluid change intervals.
- Outstanding oxidation stability, wear protection, EP properties, shear stability, and lubricating film strength even when exposed to high-temperature high load pressure.
- Low foaming properties and resistance to internal differential and transfer case fluid cavitation.
- Very good cold-temperature flow and lubrication.
- Fuel-saving characteristics through improved lubricity.
Always consult your service manual and confirm the specific fluid and oil requirements for your application. Always follow the vehicle manufacturer's recommended oil change intervals. Blauparts and Ravenol are not affiliated with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V (FCA), FCA US LLC, FCA Group Marketing S.p.A, Dodge, Ram, Jeep, Mopar, BorgWarner, or any other vehicle manufacturer. All trademarks and OE specification part numbers referenced in this product listing are displayed for identification purposes only and are in no way intended to denote any affiliation with their corresponding owners.
WARNING: California Proposition 65
2017-2023 Ram 1500 Truck - 4WD 3.6 Litre 24 Valve Non-Turbocharged V6 Gasoline Engine with 3.21 or 3.55 Rear Differential
2017-2023 Ram 1500 Truck - 4WD 3.0 Litre 24 Valve Turbocharged V6 EcoDiesel Engine with 3.21 or 3.55 Rear Differential
|OE Part Numbers||MS-9763, 68218655CA, 68218655AA, 68218655AB, 68218656CA, 68218654AA, 05010320AA, 05102232AA, MS-10111, 04318060AD, 04318060AC, 04318060AB, 04318060AS, MS-10111, 04318060AB, 68210057AA, 68210057AB, 68089195AA, 68049954AA, MS-A0160, 68340460AA|
|Refund period||30 days|
|Store Credit period||90 days|