Ram 1500 Transfer Case Differential Fluid Change Kit - 2012-23 - 3.92 Rear Differential BW44/48
BLAU Transfer Case Differential Fluid Change Kit includes the correct amount of Ram 1500 BW44 transfer case fluid part number 68089195AA, 68049954AA, 68049954AC, 75w85 front differential gear oil, and 75w140 LS rear differential gear oil. Fits 2012-2023 Ram 1500 4WD models with 3.92 rear differential and BorgWarner transfer case. See the vehicle fitment tab to confirm fitment. Excludes NV24 and NVG246 type transfer cases.
aAttention: 2012 Ram 1500 models had a mixed installation of transfer cases. Either a BW44, NV24, or NVG246 type transfer case. 2012 Ram 1500 owners should confirm if they have an NV24 or BW44 transfer case before buying this kit. This kit fits 2012 Ram 1500 4WD models with the BorgWarner BW44 transfer case only. 2012 owners with the NV24 transfer case should use kit part number F6A1125-A-BDL. 2013-2016 owners do not need to confirm. Excludes NV24 and NVG246 type transfer cases.
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kits are the perfect choice for today's discriminating vehicle owners who desire only the highest quality products. Our kits are great for individuals looking to improve the performance, efficiency, and add to the longevity of their differentials and transfer case. All kits include the correct specification and amount of premium RAVENOL transfer case fluid and differential gear oils for your vehicle make in one convenient kit (see the product image showing what is exactly included in this kit).
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kit for Ram 1500 includes:
- Front Differential - Qty 2 Ravenol Fully Synthetic Gear Oil DGL 75W-85 GL-5 LS 1 Liter. Improved high performance replacement or equivalent to the original recommended front differential gear oil part numbers 68210057AA, 68210057AB. The special formulation of DGL and the use of full synthetic PAO makes it a truly unique product for use in all vehicle differential designs, both with and without limited slip features requiring 75W85 GL-5. No limited-slip friction modifiers are required. (Capacity 1.1 liters, 1.16 quarts)
- Rear Differential - Qty 3 Ravenol Fully Synthetic SLS 75W-140 GL-5 Limited Slip Gear Oil 1 Liter. Improved high performance replacement or equivalent to the original recommended rear differential gear oil part numbers 68218657AB, 4874469, 68218657AA, 68218657CA, 68218658CA. No additional limited-slip friction modifiers are required. Compatible with rear differentials with limited slip and without. (Capacity 2.2 liters, 2.32 quarts)
- Transfer Case - Qty 2 Ravenol Fully Synthetic Transfer Case Fluid BW44 1 Liter. Improved high performance replacement or equivalent to the original recommended BorgWarner transfer case fluid part numbers 68089195AA, 68049954AA, 68049954AC. Specifically formulated as an improved transfer case fluid for BorgWarner 44 and 48 transfer cases. Improved lubricating properties, enhanced wear protection, better pressure load and shear stability, and enhanced resistance to corrosion. (Capacity 1.4 liters, 1.47 quarts)
Transfer case fluid and differential fluid viscosity and capacity notes:
- If you are choosing to replace the gear oil in only one of the differentials or only change the transfer case fluid, you can customize your bundle by excluding the front and/or rear gear oils. To do this, simply select "None" from the list of options before adding to cart.
- Our kits are based on manufacturer recommendations. We always suggest consulting your service manual or the vehicle owner's manual to confirm the specific gear oil requirements for your exact vehicle application.
- Regarding using the recommended gear oil in Ram 1500 rear differential. From our understanding, there is some possible conflicting information with paper and digital documentation depending on the year of your truck and whose service manual recommendations you are using. Also, the country you are in may have different gear oil recommendations. The following information is for USA models only.
- The current recommendation for the rear differential gear oil in all 2012-2016 Ram 1500 models is going to be a 75w140 GL-5. We do offer a few 75W-140 GL-5 LS gear oils that include LS friction modifiers in the formulation. No extra additives need to be added.
- Regarding the 2017 and newer rear differential gear oil type. At the time of this comment, the current recommendation for all 2017-2020 Ram 1500 rear differentials is a 75w-90 GL-5 gear oil. This was the original recommendation regardless of the differential type. After late 2020/2021 the original recommendations go to identifying a specific differential type for the type of gear oil. 3.92 being 75W-140 GL-5, 3.92 tow being 80w90 GL-5, and 3.21/3.55 being 75W-90 GL-5. Note, that this is a 2019 Ram 1500 model year being used in the DIY, hence the 75W-90 GL-5 is used. See related items below for 75w140 and 80w90 gear oils if you require these.
- Unfortunately, this might add more confusion. We always suggest consulting your service manual or the vehicle owner's manual to confirm the specific gear oil requirements for your exact vehicle application. For all practical purposes the viscosity profiles of both the 75w-90 and 75w-140 will work for all Ram 1500 rear differentials. If you want to minimize rolling resistance for improved fuel economy, use a 75w-90 GL-5, and if you tow heavy on a regular basis use a 75w-140 GL-5.
- To confirm your differential type. 3.21 or 3.55 rear differentials have the drain and fill plugs located on the right passenger side of the differential. If you have a 3.92, the rubber fill plug should be in the rear differential cover. You may also contact your dealer to confirm the rear differential type.
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kit benefits:
- RAVENOL gear oil and transfer case fluid bottle caps include an integral pour spout and fill tube and in most cases an additional fluid pump is not required for filling.
- RAVENOL transfer case fluids and differential gear oils are engineered, made, and bottled in Germany!
- RAVENOL uses superior synthetic base oils along with highly advanced German engineered additive formulations that outperform other transfer case fluids and gear oils.
- RAVENOL transfer case fluid and differential gear oils meet or exceed your vehicle manufactures specific specification requirements and is engineered for extended long life fluid change intervals.
- Outstanding oxidation stability, wear protection, EP properties, shear stability, and lubricating film strength even when exposed to high temperature high load pressure.
- Low foaming properties and resistance to internal differential and transfer case fluid cavitation.
- Very good cold temperature flow and lubrication.
- Fuel saving characteristic through improved lubricity.
Always consult your service manual and confirm the specific fluid and oil requirements for your application. Always follow the vehicle manufacturer's recommended oil change intervals. Blauparts and Ravenol are not affiliated with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V (FCA), FCA US LLC, FCA Group Marketing S.p.A, Dodge, Ram, Jeep, Mopar, BorgWarner, or any other vehicle manufacturer. All trademarks and OE specification part numbers referenced in this product listing are displayed for identification purposes only and are in no way intended to denote any affiliation with their corresponding owners.
WARNING: California Proposition 65
2012-2012 Ram 1500 Truck - 4WD 5.7 Litre 16 Valve Non-Turbocharged Gasoline Engine with 3.92 Rear Differential and BorgWarner Transfer Case
2013-2013 Ram 1500 Truck - 4WD 4.7 Litre 16 Valve Non-Turbocharged V8 Gasoline Engine with 3.92 Rear Differential
2013-2023 Ram 1500 Truck - 4WD 5.7 Litre 16 Valve Non-Turbocharged Gasoline Engine with 3.92 Rear Differential
2013-2023 Ram 1500 Truck - 4WD 3.6 Litre 24 Valve Non-Turbocharged V6 Engine with 3.92 Rear Differential
2014-2023 Ram 1500 Truck - 4WD 3.0 Litre 24 Valve Turbocharged V6 EcoDiesel Engine with 3.92 Rear Differential
|Store Credit period