Jeep Wrangler Transfer Case Differential Fluid Change Kit 1997-17 Ravenol
BLAU Transfer Case Differential Fluid Change Kit includes the correct amount of Jeep Wrangler transfer case fluid, 80w90 front and rear differential gear oil, and limited slip additive. Fits 1997-2017 Jeep Wrangler 4WD models without trailer to package. See vehicle fitment tab to confirm fitment.
Attention: This Transfer Case Differential Fluid Change Kit is for Jeep Wrangler models without trailer tow package. Most Jeep Wrangler models were sold WITHOUT trailer tow package. However, if your Wrangler is optioned with the trailer tow package please see the differential specification notes below.
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kits are the perfect choice for today's discriminating vehicle owners who desire only the highest quality products. Our kits are great for individuals looking to improve performance, efficiency, and longevity of their differentials and transfer cases. All kits include the correct specification and amount of premium RAVENOL transfer case fluid and differential gear oils for your vehicle make in one convenient kit (see the product image showing what is exactly included in this kit).
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kit for Jeep Wrangler includes:
- Front Differential - Qty 2 Ravenol Gear Oil EPX 80W-90 GL-5 1 Liter. Replacement recommended front Jeep differential gear oil specification MS-9020, 04874468AA, 68218041AA. (See Mopar limited slip friction additive notes below). Note: The replacement fluid quantity varies dependent on the type of front differential you have in your vehicle. The front differential fluid capacity for 1997-06 models with 2.4L L4, 2.5 L4, (4 Cylinder engine) and 4.0L (V6 engine) is 1.2-1.9 liters or 1.8-2.0 quarts. For 2007-17 models with 3.8L V6, 3.6L V6 engine equipped with either type 186 Dana-30 is 1.0 liter, or 1.05 quarts or type 216 Dana-44 is 1.3 liters, or 1.37 quarts. Note: We recommend you purchase the default quantity of (2) to be sure you have enough to refill all differential types noted under all circumstances.
- Rear Differential - Qty 3 Ravenol Gear Oil EPX 80W-90 GL-5 1 Liter. Replacement recommended rear Jeep differential gear oil specification MS-9020, 04874468AA, 68218041AA. An additional Mopar limited slip friction additive is required for models with a limited slip rear differential, also known as Trac Lock. Note: The replacement fluid quantity varies dependent on the type of rear different type you have. The rear differential fluid capacity for 1997-06 models with 2.4L L4, 2.5 L4, (4 Cylinder engine) and 4.0L (V6 engine) is 1.7-1.9 liters, or 1.8-2.0 quarts. From 2007-17 3.8L and 3.6L V6 engine the rear differential capacity is 2.25 liters, or 2.37 quarts. Note: We recommend you purchase the default quantity of (3) to be sure you have enough to refill all differential types noted under all circumstances.
- Front and Rear Limited Slip Differentials with Trac-Lock - Qty 2 Mopar Limited Slip Additive 4oz. Models with limited slip differentials known as Trac Lock should add an additional limited slip additive when refilling the differentials with new gear oil. It is recommended to add (1) 4oz. bottle to each differential.
- Transfer Case - Qty 2 Ravenol Synthetic ATF+4® 1 Liter (License-No. 40630041 FCA US LLC). Improved high performance synthetic replacement specifically formulated to meet or exceed MS-9602 specification (ATF+4® requirements). Formulated for maximum wear protection in all operating conditions. Tested extensively for longer fluid change intervals of approximately 99,000 miles or 160,000 km. The replacement fluid quantity required varies dependent on your vehicle year and transfer case type. For 1997-02 transfer case type NV231, the fluid capacity is 1.2 liters, or 1.26 quarts. For 2002-06 transfer case type NV231, the fluid capacity 1.0 liter, or 1.05 quarts, For 2002-17 transfer case type fluid NV241, the capacity 1.9 liters or 2.0 quarts. Note: We recommend you purchase the default quantity of (2) to be sure you have enough to refill all transfer case types noted under all circumstances.
Differential gear oil and transfer case fluid specification capacity notes:
- The 1997-2017 Jeep Wrangler models without the trailer tow package recommend the use of SAE 80W90 API GL-5 gear oil in both front and the rear differentials.
- Most Jeep Wrangler models were sold WITHOUT trailer tow package. However, if your Wrangler is optioned with the trailer tow package Jeep does recommends the use of SAE 75W-140 GL-5 gear oil in the rear differential. If you have a Jeep Wrangler with trailer tow package please substitute the 80w-90 rear differential gear oil quantity for the 75W-140 gear oil in the related items.
- Models with limited slip differentials or Trac Lock will require you add an additional limited slip additive to the gear oil.
- RAVENOL EPX 80W-90 GL-5 is a quality gear oil using mineral or conventional base oils.
- Many Jeep owners prefer mineral gear oils rather than fully synthetics due to better limited slip clutch performance.
- If you prefer using a gear oil that includes limited slip additives as part of the gear oil formulation, we recommend using the Ravenol Gear Oil LS 75W-90 GL-5 as an alternative to the EPX 80W-90 GL-5, part number J1C1169-001-999. See related items below and adjust your cart quantities accordingly.
BLAU transfer case differential fluid change kit benefits:
- RAVENOL gear oil and transfer case fluid bottle caps include an integral pour spout and fill tube. In most cases, an additional fluid pump is not required for filling.
- RAVENOL transfer case fluids and differential gear oils are engineered, made, and bottled in Germany!
- RAVENOL uses superior synthetic base oils along with highly advanced German engineered additive formulations that outperform other transfer case fluids and gear oils.
- RAVENOL transfer case fluid and differential gear oils meet or exceed your vehicle manufactures specific specification requirements and is engineered for extended long life fluid change intervals.
- Outstanding oxidation stability, wear protection, EP properties, shear stability, and lubricating film strength even when exposed to high temperature high load pressure.
- Low foaming properties and resistance to internal differential and transfer case fluid cavitation.
- Very good cold temperature flow and lubrication.
- Fuel saving characteristic through improved lubricity.
Always consult your service manual and confirm the specific fluid and oil requirements for your application. Always follow the vehicle manufacturers recommended oil change intervals. Blauparts and Ravenol are not affiliated with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V (FCA), FCA US LLC, FCA Group Marketing S.p.A, Dodge, Ram, Jeep, Mopar, or any other vehicle manufacturer. All trademarks and OE specification part numbers referenced in this product listing are displayed for identification purposes only and are in no way intended to denote any affiliation with their corresponding owners.
WARNING: California Proposition 65
2003-2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - 4WD 2.4 Litre 16 Valve Non-Turbocharged L4 Gasoline Engine without Trailer Tow Package
2005-2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV - 4WD 4.0 Litre 12 Valve Non-Turbocharged V6 Gasoline Engine without Trailer Tow Package
2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler SUV - 4WD 3.8 Litre 12 Valve Non-Turbocharged V6 Gasoline Engine without Trailer Tow Package
2012-2017 Jeep Wrangler SUV - 4WD 3.6 Litre 24 Valve Non-Turbocharged V6 Gasoline Engine without Trailer Tow Package
|Store Credit period