Subject: Audi Allroad Air Suspension Conversion - ECU Recoding
Application: Audi Allroad C5 Chassis, 2000-2005
Part Number: MGR2001-A
Release Date: 8/16/2013
Disclaimer: Please read the following information BEFORE attempting any mechanical service on your Audi Allroad. BLAUfergnugen! Inc. recommends that an Audi Factory Trained ASE Certified Technician service and install your parts to ensure proper procedures and safety. This will prevent improper installation which may lead to possible vehicle damage. Always read the factory service manual safety instructions and guidelines. Always wear safety glasses and other safety items when performing the following work.
Attention 2005 Owners: Due to changes in the suspension control unit in the 2005 model year, some 2005 Allroads may not allow for the dashboard suspension warning light and check engine light to be turned off after the installation of this kit. This issue appears to be associated only with 2005 Model year.
Installers of BLAU Audi Allroad Air Suspension Conversion Kit:
To turn off the check engine light and leveling light, you will need to recode the ECU (Engine Control Module). By recoding the ECU the ECU will no longer recognize the pneumatic air suspension system. To recode the Audi Allroad ECU proceed as follows.
Tools Needed - Ross Tech Diagnostic Software
1. Plug Ross Tech PC into Audi Allroad OBD com-port.
2. Cycle the ignition key to the accessory position.
3. Access Ross Tech software from PC desktop.
4. (Select control module).
5. (01-Engine) control module (Allow several seconds to pass and allow the Ross Tech to communicate with the engine control module).
6. (07-Coding) engine recode module
7. (Software Coding) change the last digit from 5 to 2 and save the software coding by clicking (DO IT!) (Allow several seconds to pass and allow the Ross Tech to communicate with the engine control module).
8. Cycle the ignition key to the off position.
9. If necessary remove all stored codes from control modules. Cycle the ignition key to the accessory position, re-access the vehicles control modules and remove all stored codes from the control modules. Cycle the ignition key to the off position when done.
10. Unplug OBD com-port from vehicle.
11. After all stored codes have been removed from the control modules start the vehicle to confirm there is no check engine light and leveling light.
Phone: (920) 758-3232
Fax: (920) 758-3234
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00AM to 5:00PM CST
Copyright BLAUfergnugen! Inc. 2013
About BLAU Shock Development and Engineering Strategy:
Customers would agree that their driving experience is one of the things they love about their European car. However, over time and with increased mileage, many begin to experience a softer and less responsive feel and handling. We understand how important it is for owners to restore their suspension back to that genuine Feel the Road German driving experience. The development goals of our engineers for our shocks and struts are plain and simple... to make that happen!