All Audi 100 models 1992-1994 have front and rear shock assemblys. We don't discuss shock absorbers on this page because Audi 100 1989-1991 models never came equipped with shocks. For more info, read our page explaining the difference between an Audi strut assembly and an Audi shock absorbers.
JUMP To The Following Sections Of This Page:
We've packaged these kits using over 27 years of service knowledge and experience. BLAU® Audi 100 struts meet/exceed the quality construction of Audi 100 Genuine struts. Our kits are packaged to include all the necessary strut mounts, bump stops, dust boots, and strut related hardware to ease installation. You won't have to run to the hardware store when you strip that seized bolt during old strut removal. When replacing all critical components you can be assured of that new Audi 100 feel again! With decades of specialized Audi experience we understand how important the Audi 100 driving experience is. Be assured that BLAU's strut kits make it better. "Feel The Road" with BLAU's Audi 100 struts!
1) BLAU® Audi 100 strut assembly kits make strut installation easier because they include the necessary related components (i.e. mounts, stops, boots) and assembly hardware that is commonly needed for successful 100 strut replacement.
2) BLAU® Audi 100 strut assemblys use the same valving specifications as found on the original factory suspension system.
3) BLAU® Audi 100 strut assemblys feature both Japanese mono tube and twin tube designs. These designs allow for a free floating strut shaft piston with chambers inside the strut separating the oil from a high-pressure gas charge. You can expect reduced body roll when cornering and excellent dampening characteristics while you conquer demanding road conditions.
4) BLAU® Audi 100 strut assemblys are filled with Nitrogen gas, delivering superior performance. Nitrogen gas lessens aeration of the strut's dampening fluid. This maintains continuous strut dampening performance, reducing strut fade, resulting in less tire wear and longer suspension component life.
5) Unlike other popular name brand struts, BLAU® Audi 100 strut assemblys are filled with a long life, multi viscosity oil containing Mos2 moly lubricant. Mos2 helps resist fluid breakdown and maintains year round strut fluid performance under all weather driving conditions. Mos2 greatly reduces wear on all internal strut components, extending the strut life for years of great strut performance.
6) Advanced internal self-lubricating strut components from Japan result in less strut shaft friction combined with a Fluon banded strut shaft piston, increasing Audi 100 strut life and improving dampening sensitivity.
7) BLAU® Audi 100 struts meet/exceed the quality of original equipment. We're so confident of the superior quality over any other brand that we offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty. They are ISO/TS 16949 certified. This is part of ISO 9001 standards and specific to the automotive industry.
What do I have? How can I find out? Through 1992-94 Audi 100 models never came with a factory sport suspension option. These models all came with the same suspension set-up and ride hight. Only after 1999 did it became more common for Audi models to be offered with two suspension options from the factory. A 'Standard' suspension systems (stock ride height), or a 'Sport' suspension system (lowered ride height).
PLEASE NOTE: BLAU® Audi 100 struts are NOT intended or designed to be used on vehicles equipped with AFTERMARKET lowering sport springs (i.e. H&R, Eibach or others). These spring kits tend to lower the vehicle more than 1” which make them dimensionally not compatible with BLAU's Audi 100 struts. We've received many telephone calls from customers who ask, “If my vehicle is lowered just a smidgen more than 1 inch will your struts work?” Our answer is, “No.” Do not purchase our strut strut kit if your vehicle is lowered even a little over an inch.
BLAU's Audi 100 strut assembly kits are designed to replace worn out struts on vehicles with either a 'Standard' suspension system having a stock ride height or a FACTORY equipped 'Sport' suspension system which has lowered the vehicle approximately 1”.
How stiff do BLAU® struts ride? What will they feel like?
You'll appreciate that BLAU® Audi 100 struts have been engineered to provide firmer ride characteristics than that of the stock 'Standard' setup. Experience BLAU's firm sporty ride without the harshness that is often associated with some sport suspension upgrades. BLAU® Audi 100 struts supply the perfect amount of firmness to help you "Feel The Road". As a result of BLAU® struts being gas charged, they're approximately 10-20% firmer versus the OE 'Standard' suspension.
The Audi 100 strut assemblys are a substantial part of the suspension system. Audi 100 struts go beyond providing mere comfort. Struts affect other related suspension components, along with steering, tire wear and responsiveness.
The Audi 100 strut mounts, strut bump stops, strut dust boot, upper strut bearing, and strut nuts/bolts make up the front suspension.
The rear Audi 100 struts, combined bump stop and sleeve, and strut mount make up the rear suspension.
This spongy feeling and slow bump recovery time is one of the first signs that you're in need of new Audi 100 struts. Other symptoms include bald patches on your tires, tire cupping, excessive strut oil seepage, vehicle pulling, poor steering response, or sharp knocks, such as when going over railroad tracks.
The importance of servicing your Audi 100 suspension the correct way can not be overstated! In this economy many are trying to save wherever possible. However, think carefully before cutting corners in this department. When replacing Audi 100 struts in our own Audi 100 Strut Labor Costservice facility, we've seen that other suspension parts (i.e. Audi 100 strut mounts, stops, boots, and hardware) show significant signs of wear or have already begun to deteriorate and are not reusable. Many customers who have replaced only their Audi 100 struts, have found that they're still experiencing similar suspension problems as well as random front end suspension noises. This may be because other worn strut related components can simulate the same symptoms as bad struts. Why go through the significant labor to replace the Audi 100 struts only to realize a failure in one or more of the related items. Consequently needing to redo your suspension job? Many wish they would have spent the extra money up front than face this labor intensive job a second time. Consider the following:
Usually when an Audi 100 strut begins to go bad the seals start to seep oil. This strut oil leaks Audi 100 Strut Bump Stops Sleevesonto the bump stop eating away at the rubber foam material, affecting its density and ability to perform its job properly. If the bump stop isn't replaced, your new struts have the chance of bottoming out, causing internal strut damage and premature failure. Replacing the stops helps protect new Audi 100 struts from bottoming out when hitting potholes and rough roads. Leaking strut oil can also get onto the dust boots. Over time this eats away at and weakens the rubber causing it to deteriorate and eventually rip. Ripped dust boots allow road grime and dirt to contaminate the strut causing scarring of the strut shaft and seals, resulting in premature strut failure. Replacing the boots protects new Audi 100 struts (strut shaft and seal) from dirt and dust, ensuring their long lifespan.
Nearly all 100 models that we've had in our facility for strut replacement needed new strut mounts. Audi 100 Audi 100 Strut Mountsstrut mounts are made of a rubber material and with age, collapse and deteriorate. This is especially noticeable in the front of the car since it supports the engine and endures the brunt of road impact. Worn Audi 100 strut mounts often cause a conspicuous clunking noise when going over bumps. Play at the top of the spring perch while the suspension is loaded (not un-sprung) may also be evident.BACK TO TOP