2000-06 2WD Audi TT non-quattro models have front strut assemblies and rear shock absorbers. This page focuses more on the Audi TT strut assembly. For our 2000-06 4WD quattro Audi TT shock absorber page, click here. For more info, read our page explaining the difference between an Audi strut assembly and an Audi shock absorber.
JUMP To The Following Sections Of This Page:
Factory Standard Suspension
Factory Sport Suspension
We've packaged these kits using over 20 years of service knowledge and experience. BLAU® Audi TT struts meet/exceed the quality construction of Audi Genuine struts. Our kits are packaged to include all the necessary Audi TT strut mounts, bump stops, dust boots, and strut related hardware to ease installation. You won't have to run to the hardware store when you strip that seized bolt during old strut removal. When replacing all critical components you can be assured of that new Audi TT feel again! With decades of specialized Audi experience we understand how important the Audi TT driving experience is. Be assured that BLAU's strut kits make it better. "Feel The Road" with BLAU's Audi TT struts!
1) BLAU® Audi TT strut assembly kits make strut installation easier because they include the necessary related components (i.e. mounts, stops, boots) and assembly hardware that is commonly needed for successful TT strut replacement.
BLAU® Audi TT strut assembly use the same valving specifications as found on the original factory suspension system.
3) BLAU® Audi TT strut assemblies utilize German mono tube and twin tube deign features.
4) BLAU® Audi TT strut assemblies are filled with Nitrogen gas, delivering superior performance. Nitrogen gas lessens aeration of the strut's dampening fluid. This maintains continuous strut dampening performance, reducing strut fade, resulting in less tire wear and longer suspension component life.
5) Unlike other popular name brand struts, BLAU® Audi TT strut assemblies are filled with a long life, multi viscosity oil containing Mos2 moly lubricant. Mos2 helps resist fluid breakdown and maintains year round strut fluid performance under all weather driving conditions. Mos2 greatly reduces wear on all internal strut components, extending the strut life for years of great strut performance.
6) Advanced internal self-lubricating strut components from Japan result in less strut shaft friction combined with a Fluon banded strut shaft piston, increasing Audi TT strut life and improving dampening sensitivity.
7) BLAU® Audi TT struts meet/exceed the quality of original equipment. We're so confident of the superior quality over any other brand that we offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty. They are ISO/TS 16949 certified. This is part of ISO 9001 standards and specific to the automotive industry.
What do I have? How can I find out? Starting around 2000 it became very common for Audi models to be offered with two suspension options from the factory. A 'Standard' comfort suspension systems (stock ride height), or a 'Sport' suspension system (lowered ride height). Some customers have contacted their dealer with their VIN to find out what type of suspension corresponds with their vehicle. Only an authorized Audi dealer can access the bill of material info, which reveals what suspension was used on your Audi TT. Blauparts is an independent Audi parts specialist and doesn't have access to this bill of material info. Therefore, we cannot determine or confirm your Audi TT suspension setup.
(1) Vehicles with 'Standard' comfort suspension have a stock or normal looking ride height, and are equipped with shock absorbers that are valved to yield a standard softer ride quality.
(2) Vehicles with 'Sport' suspension from the FACTORY, have shorter springs that results in a slightly lowered vehicle stance of approximately 1” along with shock absorbers that have been valved to yield a slightly firmer ride.
PLEASE NOTE: BLAU® Standard Suspension Audi TT struts are NOT intended or designed to be used on vehicles equipped with AFTERMARKET lowering sport springs (i.e. H&R, Eibach or others). These spring kits tend to lower the vehicle too much which makes them dimensionally not compatible with BLAU's Audi TT struts. We've received many telephone calls from customers who ask, “If my vehicle is lowered just a smidgen more than 1 inch will your shocks work?” Our answer is, “No.” Do not purchase our strut shock kit if your vehicle is lowered even a little over an inch.
PLEASE NOTE: BLAU® Sport Suspension Audi TT struts WILL fit vehicles equipped with factory sport suspension and aftermarket sport springs (i.e. H&R, Eibach). NOT recommended for race springs.
BLAU's Audi TT strut assembly kits are designed to replace worn out struts on vehicles with a stock suspension system having a stock ride height.
BLAU® Audi TT struts have been engineered to provide stock OE type ride characteristics. As a result of BLAU® shocks being gas charged, a firm ride is achieved without the harshness that is often associated with some sport suspension upgrades. BLAU® Audi TT struts supply the perfect amount of firmness to help you "Feel The Road".
The Audi TT strut assemblies are a substantial part of the suspension system. Audi TT struts go beyond providing mere comfort. Struts affect other related suspension components, along with steering, tire wear and responsiveness.
The Audi TT strut mounts, strut bump stops, strut dust boot, upper strut bearing, and strut nuts/bolts make up the front suspension.
The non-Quattro rear Audi TT shocks, strut mounts, strut bump stops, strut dust sleeve, and strut nuts/bolts make up the rear suspension.
The importance of servicing your Audi TT suspension the correct way can not be overstated! In this economy many are trying to save wherever possible. However, think carefully before cutting corners in this department. When replacing Audi TT struts in our own Audi TT Shock Labor Costservice facility, we've seen that other suspension parts (i.e. Audi TT strut mounts, stops, boots, and hardware) show significant signs of wear or have already begun to deteriorate and are not reusable. Many customers who've replaced only their Audi TT struts, have found that they're still experiencing similar suspension problems as well as random front end suspension noises. This may be because other worn strut related components can simulate the same symptoms as bad struts. Why go through the significant labor to replace the Audi TT struts only to realize a failure in one or more of the related items. Consequently needing to redo your suspension job? Many wish they would have spent the extra money up front than face this labor intensive job a second time. Consider the following:
Usually when an Audi TT strut begins to go bad the seals start to seep oil. Audi TT Strut Boot Sleeve StopThis strut oil leaks onto the bumpstop eating away at the rubber foam material, affecting its density and ability to perform its job properly. If the bump stop isn't replaced, your new struts have the chance of bottoming out, causing internal strut damage and premature failure. Replacing the stops helps protect new Audi TT struts from bottoming out when hitting potholes and rough roads. Leaking strut oil can also get onto the dust boots. Over time this eats away at and weakens the rubber causing it to deteriorate and eventually rip. Ripped dust boots allow road grime and dirt to contaminate the strut causing scarring of the strut shaft and seals, resulting in premature strut failure. Replacing the boots protects new Audi TT struts (strut shaft and seal) from dirt and dust, ensuring their long lifespan.
Nearly all TT models that we've had in our facility for shock replacement needed new shock mounts. Audi TT Audi A4 Shock Mountsshock mounts are made of a rubber material and with age, collapse and deteriorate. This is especially noticeable in the front of the car since it supports the engine and endures the brunt of road impact. Worn Audi TT shock mounts often cause a conspicuous clunking noise when going over bumps. Play at the top of the spring perch while the suspension is loaded (not un-sprung) may also be evident.BACK TO TOP